Arts and Culture through the Lens is a photography initiative depicting the Arts and Culture of the Maltese Island through an exhibition and four workshops.
The project is organised by the Executive Committee and Kummissjoni WEB with in the Society of St. Mary and King George V Band Club of Mqabba in partnership with the Malta Photographic Society and funded by the Malta Voluntary Organisation fund ‘Small Initiative Scheme (SIS)’.
The idea behind the project is to encourage increased participation in photography by the community through informative talks. It will also serve as a platform for people interested in the art of photography to interact with more professionals photographers and enhance their skills.
Photographers are invited to exhibit their work in an exhibition held at Palazz Santa Marija l-Imqabba in October 2016 (The exact date will be communicated at a later stage). Themes range from all the aspects of Maltese Village Festa to Carnival, from Good Friday Celebrations to Traditional Maltese Christmas aspects, Artisan and Crafts, Historic Reenactments and more (see Guidelines for more info.) Participants will be given a certificate of participation.
All those interested or need more info are to contact the organisers on email@example.com
1. All photos submitted must feature Maltese Arts & Culture (Maltese Festa, Traditional Maltese Celebrations ex. Good Friday Pageants, Easter Pageants, Maltese Cribs, Maltese Carnival Floats and Costumes, Maltese Artisan/Crafts ex. Bizzilla, Maltese Glass Blowing, Silversmith and other Maltese Craftsman, Traditional Maltese Foods, Maltese Historical Reenactment.
2. All the participants must submit their printed version of photo/photos in size 16” x 12” by not later than 1 October at Palazz Santa Marija, Mqabba
3. Photos may be Landscape or Portrait
4. Images submitted must be strictly the participant’s own work.
5. No restriction on how many photos each participant can submit
6. – The organisers reserves the right to reject images which are incompatible with the subject of the exhibition.
7. Participants are entirely responsible for the photo printing costs.
8. The participant shall retain copyright to the image entered for the exhibition.
9. By submitting an image for the exhibition, the participant will be regarded as having accepted and agreed to be bound by the rules and regulations.
10. While the organisers will exercise due care during set-up, storage of images, it shall not be held liable for any loss, theft or destruction of the images.
11. The exhibition is open to all Maltese Citizens, EU Citizens and Permanent Residents residing in Malta.
12. Every image submitted must be accompanied by a caption describing the image.
13. Although the exhibition is open for all photographers, the material exhibited needs to be of high quality.
14. Exhibited material have to be collected by the participants themselves, not more than one month after the exhibition is finished.